General Information, Range of Products, Applications and Technical data.
Innovative uses of Polypropelene masterbatches.
Polyamide masterbatches used to help make a difference.
I. Polyester Antimicrobial Masterbatches
II. Polyester Flame Retardant Masterbatches
I. Polyester Antimicrobial Masterbatches:
Increasing public concern about hygiene has been driving consumer demand for Antimicrobials in Polyester/Polyamide Carpets, knitted fabrics, woven fabrics, upholsteries and non-wovens.
A variety of bacteria are known for their pathogenic and foul odor effects and have pushed demand for Antimicrobial Products.
Polyester / Polyamide Antimicrobial MBs developed by Poddar Pigments are highly effective against wide range of Gram Positive and Gram Negative Bacteria and other Pathogens.
The low migration rates, high activity and thermal stability upto 300 deg. Celsius provides effective inhibition against bacteria for life cycle of products.
Key areas are – Woven and non-woven Fabrics, Under Garments, Knitted Fabrics, Hospital supplies, carpets, sanitary accessories and sports wear & goods.
The product is safe for humans and environment due to its very low solubility in water.
Our product has active silver based highly effective polyester Antimicrobial Masterbatch which has been evaluated and approved by Japan Spinners Inspecting Foundation, Osaka as per JIS L-1902 Standard. The details are as given below:-
Name : 1. PET AMB-07-4000 (in PET carrier)
2. PET AMB-07-4001 (in PBT carrier)
LDR Recommended : 1.5-2.5 %
- Ultra fine dispersion ensuring good spinning performance.
- High Thermal Stability
- Multiple functional characteristics against all types of bacteria and pathogens.
Potential Market Applications
- Carpets (Floor coverings)
- Knitted Fabrics (Socks, Sports wear and undergarments etc.)
- Woven Fabrics (Medicinal and Sanitary clothing)
- Household Textiles (Upholsteries, Textile Wall coverings, Garments etc)
- Non-woven - Hospitals and other sanitary supplies.
The value of Anti-microbial activity was checked by JIS-L 1902 Quantitative test against Staphylococcus and Escherichia Coli.
|Type of Bacteria||Bacteriostatic value (S)|
|Initial sample||After 10 Wash|
|S. aureus ATCC 6538P -||4.3||5.6|
|E. coli NBRC 3301 -||4.0||6.1|
Bacteriostatic value (S) = (log B – log C)
B = Number of living bacteria on test pieces after 18 hr incubation on standard cloth
C = Number of living bacteria on test pieces after 18 hr incubation on antibacterial treated sample
The value greater than 2.0 is considered good anti-microbial activity.
II. Polyester Flame Retardent Master Batches
One of the most colossal hazard facing human kind since the advent of fire is “FIRE” itself. Though the FIRE was one of the important mile stone in development of Civilization, it is a common fact that fire is one of the most dangerous agents of catastrophic loss, untold misery and lethal tool in the hands of scrupulous people since prehistoric times.
In the modern times the Synthetics and Plastics form the major part of the house hold goods and furnishings. The danger of fire related loss has increased multifold since it is a known fact that in presence of air, organic materials are potential source of fire hazard.
PPL has developed an effective halogen free flame retardant product which can be utilized for wide spectrum of polyester filament and fiber applications.
Name : 1. PET FR MB-07-2000 (in PET carrier)
2. PET FR MB-07-2001 (in PBT carrier)
LDR Recommended : Around 6.0-7.5 %
- Ultra fine homogenous dispersion of the additive ensuring standard spinning performance and spinneret life.
- Compatibility of master batch with base resin in spinning.
- Minimum discoloration.
- Minimum interference with masterbatch dyes and pigments.
- Ease of handling and quick switch over of product type.
- Safe and environmental friendly additive.
- Flexibility of operation.
- Minimum switch over waste and time.
PET FR masterbatch can be utilized for diversified end uses in Textiles, Technical and Non woven yarn applications. Broad indicative applications are;
- Carpets for houses and industrial services.
- Automotive fabrics.
- Woven/ knitted fabrics for broad range of services e.g. Upholsteries, baggages, furnishing fabrics, wall and floor coverings and draperies etc.
- Non wovens for various industrial and geological services.
There exist plethora of standards to check and evaluate FR characteristics in the market. Consumers have developed their own specific test with respect to end use services.
Our products have been satisfactorily evaluated by Bombay Textile Research Association (NABL Accredited) and Govmark, USA and confirms to following standards:
- NFPA-701, 2004 TM-1- Before and after 5 launderings at Govmark, USA
- FMVSS-302 – BTRA, India
The dosing rate data are only for reference and customer has to fine tune with respect to end use service, applicable FR standard and processing equipments.